99 Tahoe lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georgelv1999

Reaction score
What's up guys, I need some help. I want to lower my tahoe, but don't know how. In I don't know how I mean, I really don't know hhow. What do I need? Do I need new spindles? Just springs? What about the back? I have a 4x2. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres tons of ways to lower your hoe.. Go to Belltech.com and look around . see what fits your pocket..

buffle

Reaction score
Belltech

#2500 drop spindles and #5960 rear leafs. This drops it about 2" in front and #3 1/2 in the back.

georgelv1999

Reaction score
Ok, but how does the spindles lower the truck? See, I'm confused about all that. I tried looking around for pictures too, of how ppl lower their trucks but couldn't find any. Any help on the pictures?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the spindles will lower the front of your truck, and the leafs will lower the rear.

buffle

Reaction score
drop spindle

The drop spindle is actually a copy of the stock spindle. What makes it a drop spindle is the relocation of the "pin" that the rotor actually rides on. This pin is moved up 2" from stock location. thus making vehicle 2" lower when put back on the ground. The benefit from this is that suspension geometry is virtually unchanged, all you need is an alignment. No new shocks or any other modifications should be required, unless the a-arms need to be notched to clear front wheels. Hope this clears it up for you.

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
I dropped mine using DJM 2" drop spindles, McGaughys 1" drop springs up front, and 3" shackle/hanger kit for the rear.
The nice thing about the DJM spindles is that they do not push the wheel out like the Belltech spindles.