Back up camera help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjardy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my Kenwood ddx7015 installed in my Hoe. I love the deck and it does everything I need (short of nav, but it's available). The deck has AV in so I want to use it for a back up camera. My question is since I got the deck used and dont have the wiring schematic (and cant find it) I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to do to get the screen to switch to AV when I toss the truck in reverse so I can see the back up camera. Is there normally a switched wire that is run to a 12v that gets power when the truck goes into reverse (back up lights)? There are wires that were not used when I installed the deck.

Thanks for any info guys!

Rob

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If the deck has a reverse signal input, then that wire will switch the deck to rev. vid mode when that wire gets +12v. On Pioneer, it's usually a violet/white striped wire. If that deck doesn't have it, then you'll have to switch it manually with the source button. There is a wire harness that runs along the driver's side a-pillar that goes into the rearview mirror. It has a lt. grn wire that gets 12v when you put it into reverse. You can use this if your deck has a reverse signal wire.

rjardy

Reaction score
Thanks man, im going to pull the deck tomorrow so I can run the AV cables to my headrest monitors (just installed the monitors in the headrest tonight) and I will double check then. I am pretty sure that there is a signal wire for this. Thanks again for your help!

Rob

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
No problem man. Let me know if you run into anything and need anymore help.