Getting rid of the factory Bose...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnPoint619

Reaction score
So at first I was satisfied with the stock stuff. Then I decided I had to have a rear view camera added on account that all my windows except the windshield have limo/limo over stock tint. So I purchased the Pioneer p4000 with the adapter for Bose and Onstar. Now I decided hell with it might as well run 2 amps (mids/subs) and change out the speakers. So my question is can I use the same adapter and re-wire it or simply unplug the connection to the factory amp? Sorry I dont know GM's very well and any pictures would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Rhen

Currently installed or installing at the moment
Yellow Top
Big 3 0 guage
3 layers of raamat (minus roof and dash)
KnuKonceptz wiring rca's and distribution blocks
Pioneer P4000
Audiovox rear view
Pioneer 720PRS (passive)
Pioneer D602P
RF 550x (pulled from my talon)
JL 500/1 (pulled from my tacoma)
and 1 12" JLW7 in a ported box (sorry i dont know the dimensions)

Some pics of the ride attached...

Attachments

• yukon20.JPG
    yukon20.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 33
  • Yukon 016.jpg
    Yukon 016.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 22
  • SoundDeadener.jpg
    SoundDeadener.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 24
  • Back seat.jpg
    Back seat.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Yukon 014.jpg
    Yukon 014.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 22

OnPoint619

Reaction score
I suspected that I can use the harness for power and ground then just cut the other wires depending on what theyre used for. Ill take a look later after work and monkey around with it. Thanks for the reply

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just not sure if you can leave the clips in there not plugged in and thats where the harness takes over.

Just not sure so if you find that out you may save the money for a harness.

OnPoint619

Reaction score
Well I installed everything and I wasnt happy with the layout so I had an amp rack made and this is the outcome :yesnod: Im temporarily satisfied and must say the w7 is a beast. Not as pleasant to my ears as my previous w6 or w3's but boy does it make everything vibrate.

Attachments

• P4000Head.jpg
    P4000Head.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 720PrsComps.jpg
    720PrsComps.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 24
  • AmpRack.jpg
    AmpRack.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 38
  • SubBox.jpg
    SubBox.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 22

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you delete the stock Bose tweeters on the front pillars? Do the new tweeters sound better down there?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the 720 tweeter in the Pillar and rid the other.

IMO the tweeter in the pillar seems to be the best sounding for the vehicle. This is based on my trial and errors. I would aim it back though cuz the stock tweeter cut out is way too far off axis.

OnPoint619

Reaction score
Madmedwyn - I cut the stock amp's remote wire on the adapter harness so I am not powering the stocks.

Wrenchguy - Thanks for the input :thumbsup:. To be honest im still just so happy with the sound quality compared to the bose but thats comparing apples and oranges. After the initial wow factor wears off no doubt ill start messing with the tweeter locations to see what works for me.