Zero AM reception...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive tonight and noticed I had no AM radio reception at all. Just noise on every station that should be perfectly fine. I would have said the tuner went bad like in my OEM unit, but this is a new HU. The AM/FM both worked great when I got it. It's hard to tell when exactly this started because I almost never listen to AM radio but it's frustrating not being able to listen to the baseball games. :mad2:

Any ideas? Antenna maybe? Or are there two different connections that go in the back of the HU (one for AM, another for FM)? That's a total guess though and I know nothing about it.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a feature on the HU might be coming into play.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it's a problem with the tuner in the HU?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there was thread about Alpines tuner I seen not too long ago somwhere else.

Not sure though.

Are there different band settings like 1 2 3 on it?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah. There's just FM1, FM2, and AM. There are also three different seek settings to get stations. DX, Local, and Manual. I tried all three. Still can't pick up anything.