no sound from speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch

Reaction score
my friend has a 2004 silverado ss pickup that has the same bose stereo and center console subwoofer as my 05 yukon so i thought someone here may have had the same problem.

he has no sound coming from the speakers. the stereo has power but no sound. the annoying door and seat belt chimes are also absent.

i checked all the fuses and they were all good, we checked the wiring to the subwoofer and amp and everything was connected.

could the amplifier have blown? i`m out of ideas.

any help will be appreciated. thanks

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something's maybe gone wrong with the Head Unit. If I'm not mistaken, I think alot of the brains of the car "door chimes ect." are wired into the OEM head unit. That's why you have to buy wirning harnesses to retain those features when you get an aftermarket head unit. I don't see a reason why his amplifier would blow. I've never heard of that happening to these.

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
wrong wiring harness. you need the harness that integrates the bose system into the new head unit. this also restores the door chimes. do a search on this for more info, it seems to be a really common question. hope this helps.

sasquatch

Reaction score
thanks for the replies.

i should have said that his stereo is completely stock. he went to the dealer today and they ordered him a new amp without even trying to diagniose the problem. they also told him that on the bose systems if one speaker goes out that the rest won`t work either. if thats true i`d have checked the speakers first then replaced the amp. but in my experience most dealers do everything backwards so i`m not surprised.