Gulf Specification '08 Tahoe no XM - ipod woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DXBtahoe

Reaction score
Evening all,

Well I must say there is a lot of useful information on this site, good job.

I'm a bit stuck, I just took delivery of my tahoe, saw on here lots of details about installing ipod kits, but I do not have xm or a module behind the glove compartment, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what options I have considering I don't have anywhere to plug it in??

thanks in advance

Grounded

Reaction score
What radio do you have? Look into Peripheral Electronics........PXAMG

Norris83

Reaction score
Evening all,

Well I must say there is a lot of useful information on this site, good job.

I'm a bit stuck, I just took delivery of my tahoe, saw on here lots of details about installing ipod kits, but I do not have xm or a module behind the glove compartment, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what options I have considering I don't have anywhere to plug it in??

thanks in advance

Whereabouts in the mideast you from? There's a place in Kuwait that has an ipod interface where they install in in the back of the head unit... it turns the AUX into the names of the songs.. around 60KD to install...

Ask any decent audio shop that speaks english and they should have them in stock...

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
My Denali is currently at the GMC dealership in Ras al Khor. It has been there for a month, and they are installing many mods. I brought everything from America for them to install. My Denali was imported from the US, so I have the XM module. I bought the iPod lockpick, but it didn't work so I trashed it. I purchased the GMX-320 Lockpick along with the Apple RCA/USB wire to play the ipod/iphone video on the tv. I am running that wire from the GMX-320/Nav under the cupholders and to the center console. I will plug the USB power in there, and the wire to connect my iPod will come out on the top of the center console.
This way I could control what I play from my iPod, I could play my videos on the nav screen, I don't have to interfere with the XM Box, and I don't have dangling wires. I will post pics when its done. Also, PM me if you want to know who helped me. You could mention my name, and they know my car and everything I have done.