Help 5/7 drop for my yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuk0n

Reaction score
Edit: Can a mod please move this to the 2000-2006 forum, thanks.

2003 Yukon
I know they dont make kits that go all the way to 5/7 so what exactly would I need to get my truck there? I dont want just a bunch of junk thrown together to make it happen, I want it done right. Thanks in advance.

Yuk0n

Reaction score
that is what i have been looking at... what are some good drop kits/ body drops?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Because of the frame, you'll have to remove the bumpstop mounting bracket (which is welded to the frame). This will give you a couple inches of additional suspension travel. Still not enough to go as low as you want without notching the frame though. The front you can run spindles in combination with lowered control arms to get the desired drop.
But to get the rear drop without notching the frame, I'd go with a 3/5 kit and then drop the body. DJM, Mcgaughy's, and Belltech make decent kits. DJM seems to offer a more complete kit with new hardware for relocating the sway bars, shocks, etc.

Yuk0n

Reaction score
thanks...looks like thats the way im gunna go... 3/5 drop with a 2" body drop. anyone have pics of a setup similar to this sitting on 20's???

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
McGaughey spindles, 3/4 ton keys, djm lower control arms, and you'll have to build the rear suspension (4link arms and such). I'd go bags out back if you want that much drop, my 3/5 rubs already.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Mine's 3/5 plus 1" body drop, but 24s instead, so I really can't go any lower. You'll definitely want to cut out the rear bumpstop mounting bracket to get that extra couple inches of clearance so your axle isn't slamming the frame all the time.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your gonna have to bag the rear, the stock 4 link won't work with that much drop (poor pinion angle). I'd go 3/5 and a 1" or 2" body drop, here is my 3/5 on 32" tire with 20s:
DSC01485.jpg

IMG00238.jpg