Finally got my head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, today I had the Pioneer AVIC F900BT installed. At first i loved it but there were quite a few issues with it. It seemed pretty buggy.

-it takes FOREVER to boot up, especially if connected to my ipod or iphone
-NO one could hear me on the bluetooth.
-I really did not like the pioneer navigation/maps

Pioneer has released an update that addresses the BT and boot up issue, but even with those two things fixed i still couldnt get past how much i disliked the interface and nav portion of the head unit.

So, i took it back and had it uninstalled and had a Kenwood DNX5120 installed.

I like this head unit MUCH better. It does not have some of the cooler features built in such as bluetooth, voice recognition, and traffic alerts. But, it is upgradeable to do all those things aside from voice recognition. Plus, it was MUCH cheaper.

Best buy was running a deal on it, it was normally $999, marked down to $899 and then $799, plus you got free install and install gear if you opened a best buy card. So I basically paid $850ish with tax installed for the unit. This was almost $600 cheaper than the Pioneer.

I dont have anything bad to say about this head unit. The ipod interface is awesome, the Garmin Navigation is absolutely perfect, and it sounds 10x better than stock, even with stock speakers.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they can't here u on the bluetooth, you may need to reposition the mic, If you have one. I put mine right on the back of the steering wheel column. close to the gauges, That way when I talk my voice is projected straight into the mic.

Glad you like the kenny over the pioneer. I want a 8120 but it's on the back burner.