Wher is the subwoofer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

littleturner76

Reaction score
Just purchaced 04 tahoe lt with bose sound system. looked under the cup holder did not see a sub. the speakers grills have the bose name so I assume this is the entire system. Also there is a dummy speaker grill in the rear on the drivers side with no speaker that I can see. just trying to figure out more about the car.
I realized that the dvd installed is not the factory oem one. I still cannot get any sound from it. I might be tossing in the trash if I cannot figure it out.
Ryan

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Your DVD player may be an aftermarket kind.

Now that being typed it may be hooked up to a radio station. Turn your DVD player on with a DVD of course and search the lower side of the FM frequencies. I found mine to be on 88.3.

I also found out that Audiovox universal wireless headphones worked fine with my DVD system. Hope this helps.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also they have mounted a switch somewhere that turns on and off the FM transmitter for your DVD. I have an aftermarket flip-down DVD too and there is a red on/off switch below my steering wheel. My frequency is 89.1.

littleturner76

Reaction score
Thanks for all.

The dvd player is aftermarket "Exonic 110HP" and there is a switch on the console I will search for the frequency in the morning. I did notice that when the radio is on xm mode that the switch turns the sound on and off. Could the sound for the dvd be connected someway to the XM radio fequencies?
Ryan

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
If it is and you have an external XM tuner all you'd have to do is find another xm frequency.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
under the front center console. The bose amp is there also.

Yeah look at the left side of the pic. you can see the sub grille..

75e3_1.jpg
[/IMG]

littleturner76

Reaction score
Will this still work if I do not have the xm activated? I have fumbled with the FM frequencies but no luck. I tried to adjust the xm channels as well but as I said it is not activated.
Thanks
Ryan

87gtNOS

Reaction score
LOL!! My 02 has the sub in the back of the truck...it sucks so bad that I never knew it existed!!!