suspension gurus inside please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silvergoat

Reaction score
okay im new to this whole SUV scene i want to lower my ride but i dont know the whole break down of spindles and keys and body drops etc etc im lost lol
I came from the the whole domestic scene owned a 06 GTO soo basiclly that was pretty easy to drop now i been here reading all day and cant get anything. Looking to drop the denali 2/3 without killing the ride quality.Whats the price of lowering kits ?. where can i buy these kits .. thanks for the info sorry im a huge newb

04 DENALI

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your Denali has Autoride or if a lowering kit will affect it but there are a few manufacturers out there that offer good quality lowering kits..

I'm sure Boost will chime in here soon. He's your best bet for your best option. He's got a sweet lowered Denali and he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Denalis..:yesnod:

silvergoat

Reaction score
Boost chimmy in lol How do i figure out if i have autoride ? manual i guess right lol also can i buy the kit seperate?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belltech 2/3 drop with keys would be the cheapes and easiest, you may have to adjust the autoride sensors on the rear to get it functioning properly with the drop but most of the kits come with shorter links. I'm not sure who sells the kits cheap, I carry them at my work and got my belltech for really cheap. I wouldn't go more than 2" lower up front, mine is about three and a half lower than stock and I don't have sh*t for uptravel due to the autoride shocks. Rear shocks aren't necessary to replace if you use shock extensions but there is no way about getting shorter front shocks unless you buy aftermarket (thus triggering a service ride control light on the dash). 2/3 will ride great, I'd also look at doing the free travel mod if you plan on keeping the truck:
http://www.djmsuspension.com/Articles/FreeTravel.htm
DSCN3232.jpg

Dscn3234.jpg

RemoveBracket.gif

BumpStopBracket.gif

Drill.gif

SideVeiw.gif

NewBumpStop.gif

PM me if you have anymore q's, I'd also suggest registering on www.denalitrucks.com there is an abundance of knowledge on these trucks over there and lots of chill people that will answer any questions.

2002Denali

Reaction score
I just lowered my 02 Denali 2/3 McGaugheys kit with Keys in the front and spring and shock extenders in the back Holy crap it rides horribly i knew it wouldnt be the same but this is really bad i feel like i need to wear a kidney belt like on my dirt bike. i just got some belltech spindles im going to swap the keys out with, yall think that would help? If not im probably gonna go back to stock its really un barrable. I have 22 inch rims 285/45/22 and Hotchkis sway bar kit. any ideas?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop your tire pressure to 34 or lower, my truck rides fine and it's a solid inch lower on the same truck.

kingkon

Reaction score
I just lowered my 02 Denali 2/3 McGaugheys kit with Keys in the front and spring and shock extenders in the back Holy crap it rides horribly i knew it wouldnt be the same but this is really bad i feel like i need to wear a kidney belt like on my dirt bike. i just got some belltech spindles im going to swap the keys out with, yall think that would help? If not im probably gonna go back to stock its really un barrable. I have 22 inch rims 285/45/22 and Hotchkis sway bar kit. any ideas?

I had a djm kit 3/5 on 22's. Front ride was ok but the back was not so good. Went to a Mcgaughey 3/5 kit on 22's. Front rides about the same as the djm but the back rides better. I personally think the best mild drop for these suv's are the 2/3 by Mcgaughey. Its a front spindle with the stock shocks and they use a progressive spring in the rear with shock extenders and stock shocks. That what my buddy rolls on 22's and it rides nice. Eibach also makes a 2/3 with a progressive spring for the rear but they use a torsion key for the front.
good luck with whatever you choose.

silvergoat

Reaction score
any pics?? i want to see a 3/5 drop thanks guys for all the info u input here