2008 Chevy Tahoe - Routing wire through door boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uegdesigner

Reaction score
2008 Chevy Tahoe
6.5 Components / 6.5 Coaxials / 4-channel Amp Install

I will be documenting step by step instructions "pics included" of 4 after market speakers in my new 2008 Chevy Tahoe and 4-channel amp to power them.

Equipment:
Front - 6.5" Diamond Audio D661s Component system w/ crossovers
Rear - 6.5" MB Quart DKG 116 Coaxial
Amplifier - Infinity Reference 7541a 111 watts RMS x 4
DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00036.jpg

addovox

Reaction score
Hey ueg,

Where/how did you route the amp power cable to the battery? If i wanted to wire up 2 amps (1 for sub, one 4-channel for speaks), where would i put the split them? What gauge?

uegdesigner

Reaction score
addovox,
Dude there is a post on the firewall near the battery that you can connect to, thats what I did. I also ran the power along the firewall to the driver side and through the boot that is there. I used 4 gauge power wire to the fuse holder and 8 gauge from there since I was only running 1 amp. I had the same power distrubution in my old car and continued the 4 gauge to the truck then used a distribuion block for 8 gauge to each amp. Thats the standard, 4 gauge power to a distribution block near the amps and 8 gauge to the amps.

CodyClinton

Reaction score
how did you get the 4g power wire through the firewall no groumet ?? been stumpped for hours