Peope Who Sound Deadened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering to those who have already layed down deadner in their hoe/yuk what places made the biggest difference. im about to buy 150-200 sq ft of edeadv1 and im really wanting to put it on the roof. how hard is it to remove the liner and whats it on by? i havent removed that yet. i am gonna do the doors inside and out and the whole trunk area around my subs. also most of the front floor. but i really think the a/c controllers on the roof need it bad.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The headliner isn't hard to pull. Once you get all the trim out of the way, just pull it down and take it out through the back. On the front upper console, there is a screw in the front you'll need to remove. For the rear upper hvac controls, unsnap the face around the edges and you'll see a couple screws and then you can unclip it from the headliner. Reinstalling the headliner is going to much easier with another person to help hold it up into place while you start getting some of the trim back in place.
I used about 100 Sq ft of Dynamat Extreme and covered everything except the headliner. Then I put down another layer of jute on the entire floorboard. Made a big difference in road noise and overall feel of the truck. It's important that the material is applied correctly. If not, it will make a huge impact on how well the material will work.

OnPoint619

Reaction score
I have used Dynamat extreme (2 front door panels) Fatmat 2x cab tacoma (everything except dashboard/headliner) edead (yukon 4 doors) and Raamat (to redo edead and everything else except the dashboard/headliner)
1. Dynamat extreme kick ass but costs alot of $$
2. Fatmat really cheap in cost but thin compared to dynamat and raamat.
3. edead really cheap in cost but thin compared to dynamat and raamat. Edges began to peel after 2 weeks and I have the streak marks on my windows to prove it. Redid it with Raamat.
4. Raamat nice and thick in comparison to fatmat and edead. Cheaper than Dynamat extreme. This was the best option for me.

The truck seems more solid now. I can bump hard inside and it is significantly quieter from the outside. Road noise was reduced as well. I drove the normal path to work 2 days straight w/o music to admire the silence. It didnt take long for me to realize that the silence was driving me nuts!

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive read some good reviews on the edead with the sticking ability in higher heat since i live in florida.

btw your sig says not roof/dash. how do you do the dash? my dash flexs a lot. and whered you put your train horn setup?

jk and boost whats the best way to get rid of the back hatch rattle and glass flex? also ive heard about foaming the pillar beams? im also about to fiberglass some 4" components on my front pillars :)

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a website where this guy compared and tested about ten major brands of sound deadener....lots of good info there

Google sound deadener showdown and figure out what works best

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deadener doesn't reduce flex or rattle. Just vibration.

The floor made a big difference and the roof I haven't got to.

Edead sucks functionally. I did some in the rear. Though it stays put it doesn't have enough butyl in it to compare to one layer of better quality.

Raamat is the way to go for budget deadener. Second Skin would be the best if you can afford that in bulk its a little cheaper than Dynamat and better.

2 Layers on the floor. A layer of Ensolite also.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you run ensolite on everything or just door panels and such? I need to deaden mine soon and I'm just wondering what I should order to never have to worry about it again, it's been one of the best upgrades I've done to past vehicles.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you run ensolite on everything or just door panels and such? I need to deaden mine soon and I'm just wondering what I should order to never have to worry about it again, it's been one of the best upgrades I've done to past vehicles.

Ensolite is a good barrier and rattle killer. Just put it between panels and wherever you put mat.

OnPoint619

Reaction score
[QUOTE
btw your sig says not roof/dash. how do you do the dash? my dash flexs a lot. and whered you put your train horn setup?
[/QUOTE]

Just google sound deadener installations and you'll see. They basically strip the dashboard components and cover everything metal that you can get to. Ill try to get some shots of the train horn setup by the end of the week.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dash is actually pretty solid. Deadener doesn't stop flexing.

Your only reducing vibration and the tinny sound of the metal. Some/Most road noise due to adding mass.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should be doing the entire interior of my Hoe and my GNX as soon as the heat dissipates here in AZ. I'll be using Second Skin, Got a great deal on it. They are here locally in Phoenix..

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many square feet I would need to do my floor and all four doors and the tailgate? I'd probably do two layers on the floor.

I'm guessing 1 roll of raamat would cover it. Thats 62.5 sq ft.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many square feet I would need to do my floor and all four doors and the tailgate? I'd probably do two layers on the floor.

I'm guessing 1 roll of raamat would cover it. Thats 62.5 sq ft.

1 roll goes pretty far. I bought 2 have a bit left. Did the front doors, and floor doubling up over the tranny hump and under the seats.(not quite 2 full layers to the outside edge)

Get 2 rolls cuz I used a door kit for the back cuz it was here.