New L7 Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG00746.jpg

I'm running this little guy @ 2ohm
DSC01494.jpg

Should sound pretty good once I get a head unit and my components installed. I still may go with a multiple woofer setup but one sealed 12 with just over 2cf is more than enough for what I listen to.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Its cool because I bet you get a ton of sound for something that doesn't hog up your cargo space.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just need a grill and it will be dog proof, plus there's a stash box in the other side for any items I want concealed.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah it barely takes up any room and it sounds great! I don't need the 3rd row anyway.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using an upgraded battery or alternator? my zx1500.1 is dimming my lights
Did the big3 plus a yellowtop, the 1000.1 is pretty efficient and barely dims my dash when I'm stopped at a light. I'm looking to get a 200+amp alty powdercoated black but I have a dozen other things to buy first.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty easy to do, I still haven't re-done the power lead from the battery to the alternator but the grounds and 2ga going to the amp helped the electrical system immensely.

07tahizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have two L7s in my 07 LTZ, lookin to sell em so i can get two 13.5 W7s... lookin good tho man.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have the older L7s, these new ones HAMMER! I don't think I could go back to jl after being around Fi, RE, and kicker for so long. JL stuff is nice but there are much better speakers for way less money IMO.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have the older L7s, these new ones HAMMER! I don't think I could go back to jl after being around Fi, RE, and kicker for so long. JL stuff is nice but there are much better speakers for way less money IMO.

Agreed

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fully broken in and all I can say is CRIKEY! For a single 12 it beats way harder than the 2 comp vr 12s I had in my old tahoe. Metal sounds so awesome, very clean and these new L7s are much more responsive then the older generations. I was thinking of a multiple woofer setup but I really like this single 12, louder than the two sealed 12" PPI compression pistons I had in my integra too.