Metra Harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leardc

Reaction score
Just curious how many people have used the Metra harness needed to install an aftermarket head unit. I'm talking about this one.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eY297i3Eu88/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=120GMOS04&s=0&cc=01

It apears to do everything I need, but the reviews on the Crutchfield site are concerning me. People are reporting popping sounds, batteries draining, having to tape the connectors on so they stay put, having to tape the whole box together etc..

Wondering if anybody here has any personal experience with this harness.

Thanks

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it, Haven't had any problems. Got my from crutchfield too. I had it running my stock stuff no probs, installed my amps but I still have the front tweeter and rear pillar hooked up with no probs. Mine is snapped together pretty good, and the connections are good. IF you get a bad one crutchfield should replace it. Mines been in since April 7th I think.

2561386745_d0b50bc3a7.jpg

Last edited:

leardc

Reaction score
Good to hear. Those customer reviews wern't leaving me feeling very good. I guess disgruntled people are more likely to complain than happy people are to praise.

Am I correct in thinking this harness is the only option out there retaining the Onstar and Bose?

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can have three bad and hundreds LOVE it, and only the bad review. I don't put too much merit into it...Metra makes some good stuff. One of my buddies is a tech guy there. Cool stuff.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Metra is one of the largest suppliers for aftermarket harness and kit integration. I've installed the GM-OS04 in dozens of vehicles and only had one come back.
There are other compaines that make integration parts for GM Bose and On-star. Nucleus, PAC, and Peripheral are some others. Also, keep in mind that some of the reviews on Crutchfield are from customers inexperienced with installation basics, yet installing the product themselves. Improper installation may be the reason behind a lot of the bad reviews, rather then bad product.