performance programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparksguru

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe with Flowmaster exhaust and a K&N intake kit. I just got a Hypertech Power Programmer iii and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get the best performance out of it?

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should be a plug and go, it'll ask different questions, tire height, etc...I used one on my 1996 Tahoe, and could feel the difference.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i installed the programmer in my 06 z71. the only things that i updated was the shift firmness, i did some testing and now bumped up to 75%. Also it recommends the Powerstat thermostat, but i had problems with it. The fans turned on at alot lower temperature and I lost most of my power and fuel mileage with it set up that way. I had the a/c running the other day and the fans kicked on at a light, when I pressed the gas pedal I almost stalled out. I reverted back to my stock therm and stock setting and it runs much better. by the way sparks, i see that you are now getting 20mpg with your 05, what were you getting before you installed all the extras, and what seemed to help the most, or was it all done at once. I only get about 14.4 mpg right now

Last edited:

sparksguru

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back. Lost the hard drive on my computer. Before I did the programmer I was getting about 17.5. Now that I have run it with the programmer for about two months, it is stuck at 19mpg even with fairly aggressive driving! The exhaust and intake were done over a year ago.