USB Webcam as Babycam With Lockpick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savaytse66

Reaction score
Is there any way to use a USB Webcam as an interior babycam? I just ordered the new GMX-322, and I'd love to be able to use it with that. I don't think there are any USB inputs on the Lockpick, but I thought there might be a way to snip off the USB tip and add an AV connection.

Has anyone successfully done this?

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most adapter are Composite to USB. They convert the analog signal to digital USB. I have never seen one that does the opposite which you need.

I will keep my eyes open for one though. Why do you need to use USB, there are plenty of cheap 12volt cameras out there.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, why not just get another cam better suited for it? And an honest question- isn't there a voltage conflict between a home PC and a car?

savaytse66

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have a spare lying around, so I though if it were possible, I'd use it. But since it's more trouble than it's worth, I'll look for something else.

Thanks