lowered pics, not sitting level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lowered the tahoe friday but the back is still sitting 1.5" higher. i used springtech coils springs and thought they hadnt settled so ive put on about 60 miles since but it still is higher in the back. i dont have autoride. any ideas or do i need more miles for the back to settle. i hate this raked look.
07.jpg
[/IMG]

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a 2/3 lowering kit?
It looks good but the only reson I can think of that would make it sit 1.5" higher is you not trimming the rear bumpstops and inch off like your supposed to, but maybe somebody else may know another reason, post pics of it when you get the problem fixed!

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes its a 2/3 drop kit. spindles in front coils in the back. i didnt trim the bumpstops but theres a 1" gap between the bs and axle as it is so thats not an issue when not moving. i remembered there was 2 pins that i didnt use cuz i didnt know what the hell they were for. they are about 2" and threaded on both sides.
pins.jpg
[/IMG]

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still not happy with look and found that sport truck direct sells a 4" rear coil spring. if i cant fix the ones i have have now with some grinding or cutting i'll be ordering this spring soon.

CaliChevyV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't know any answers, but I wanted to ask how the ride changed? Does it ride the same?

houtex

Reaction score
I think your truck looks GREAT! In fact, I am now for sure changing my chrome mirror caps to white.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please post pics when you do the 4" rear drop so I can see what I'd look like on my Tahoe.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you know any fat chicks you could just wedge 'em into the 3rd row...
Sorry about that, 60 miles is not very much in terms of settling things, but it doesn't look like it would settle as much as what you need anyway. Seems like the kit would've made it more level, assuming everything was installed right. Not sure how the install goes, but did you tighten up the links or anything while it was still in the air? Sometimes things like that will cause the suspension to remain sprung when you put it down. Just a thought.