question about amp hookup.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makmule

Reaction score
hey everyone,
i have a small system i want to install in my tahoe. its a 97 ls. 4 door. i have done this in a 2000 jeep cherokee and a 06 dodge ram but the factory amp that everyone is talking about is messing with me. the two previous cars i did havent had one. i want to keep my factory head unit too. so if you guys could help me out with this that would be great. like wich wires to splice into and wheres a good ground to use. thanks alot.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
use a PAC SNI 35 hi/low connected to your rear speakers behind the radio( for rca out). there is a amp turn on wire behind the radio. ground it to a bolt on the back seat... i think that covers everything but power...

the goose

Reaction score
yeah if you are lookin to keep the factory radio and have an amp. U need to get a line out converter which you will have to hook up behind the radio. u can either splice into the front speaker wires or very rear speaker wires which are behind the radio. the front left speaker wires are gray - and tan + front left speakers are green- light green + and the left rear speakers are yellow - and brown + the right rear speakers are blue - and dark blue + and the grown wire behind the radio should be black.