Brakepedal rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazyflip10

Reaction score
01 Tahoe, LT w/Auto suspension - The brake pedal rattles when driving over a bumb on the road, makin an annoying rattling noise. It occurs at low and high speeds.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
There are end bushings that install on the pivot shaft. The bushings are held in by retaining clips. Check this area to see if there is excessive play; maybe the bushings need to be replaced.

promatchrcr

Reaction score
I assume you are talking about under the dash where the pedal arm attaches? I know I am asking alot but what exactly do I ask for if I go to the dealership to get these bushings? Should they know what I am asking for without a part #?

Thanks!!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about under the dash where the pedal arm attaches? I know I am asking alot but what exactly do I ask for if I go to the dealership to get these bushings? Should they know what I am asking for without a part #?

Thanks!!!

Yes sir. But I do not have any part numbers available. Not sure if this is sold as an assembly or not. I would double check to see if this is where the noise is coming from before buying any new parts. Just ask the dealership for bushings for the accelerator pedal and they will be able to pull up an exploded view of the assembly and be able to tell you if it can be purchased seperately or as a whole new pedal assembly.