Do I have a Bose System ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackietheYukon

Reaction score
2002 Yukon SLT. There is no badging on the speakers that say Bose but It does have the sub in the back. Does this model have Bose speakers ??

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Even the non-premium Bose systems have the sub. The Premium Bose will have the Bose badges on the front speaker grilles.

BlackietheYukon

Reaction score
Bose Question ??

Ok I dont have the bose system. I am fixing to install a Pioneer 5000 series and have another question. Can I replace the 8 inch sub with a better 8 inch sub and use the same box. Also will I loose any speakers by replacing the factory head unit

01_Tahoe

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I bought a deck the other day thinking that I had the Bose radio. After reading this thread, I now realize I dont have it because there is no Bose badging. I went to Best Buy today and he said in order for my aftermarket deck to work, I have to take one of the stock wires and cut it, and turn it into a RCA. Does this make sense? I was thinking I could just buy that PAC OEM-2 and that would run the stock amp. I just wanna install this deck and have it work! I am so sick of premium stereos requiring all of this interface bull crap.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I would think there is a wiring harness that works for non-Bose systems. Also don't deal with people from Best Buy/Circuit City. I went to them for audio questions before I got all of my work done and either they were completely wrong, or wanted too much money anyway. Go to a local audio shop and ask them. They should know their stuff.