Need Help Quick!! No Sound Through Speakers!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackietheYukon

Reaction score
Ok I just changed the stock unit to a pioneer p5000ub series and am instaling right now. I am using the Metra harness. This is only one 21 pin harness tha tcircuity city gave me. The player comes on fine and has memory but no sound will come out of the speakers. I noticed when I was taking my factory unit out that it had the main 21 pin harness and another six or seven pron plug as well on the other side. What is Going on here for me to have no sound ???

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, especially if you have bose definetly make sure the blue wire is plugged.

BlackietheYukon

Reaction score
Figured it Out

Alright, I figured this out. Even though you hook up every wire on the metra harness correctly there is one wire that must be pluged into from the secondary harness that is attached to the stock head unit. Nobody bothered to tell me at Circuit City. For anybody else who may have this probem here is the fix. Connect your remote, blue wire, to the pinkish orange wire on the smaller secondary harness that attaches to the back of your old stock unit. This is how it is for my 2002 Yukon SLT, with onstar, without Bose.