Transmission noise-Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zoom

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Yukon with approx 65k miles. Recently I've noticed a clunk when I shift from park to reverse, it also does it when I come to a stop and sometimes when I take off from a stop. Any clues?

Z71Heat

Reaction score
Check your trans fluid, drive around for a half-hour at all speeds try to get the trans to shirft through all gears, put the truck in park and check the color and smell of the fluid, fluid should be a cherry redish color, if its a orangy/brown/sand color get it flushed immediatly!! maybe its time for a complete trans fluid flush, i use Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants in all of my driveline and engine!! its 8 bucks a quart opposed to 2.50 but will last a hell of alot longer and its science-tested to resist heat and breakdown!!

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zoom said:
I have a 2004 Yukon with approx 65k miles. Recently I've noticed a clunk when I shift from park to reverse, it also does it when I come to a stop and sometimes when I take off from a stop. Any clues?

Check u joints and other drive line components..Changing tranny fluid although a great maintance item IS not in any way a cure for tranny noises or troubles..GL