Looking to lift my '08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

halem23

Reaction score
My fiance and I just bought a new LT3 tahoe, 4x4, non-auto ride and it needs to get some daylight under it. She wants to do a little 1.5"-2" leveling kit, I would like to go more in the 4"+ range. I'm just not sure with all this new tech stuff what I need, what I don't etc. I am used to driving straight-axled trucks where all I need are bigger springs or some spacers. What would you guys recommend?I dont want to have to do new drive shafts and lengthen the suspension links and what not. Something respectable and still easy enough for her to drive. Thanks

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you just want a simple lift and not to much work, money and still want the wife comfortable?
If i'm right I suggest a Leveling Kit like you said, bringing up the front to the height of the rear, and maybe the rear a little 1"-2" up too, I suggest the Revtek kit which you can see at http://www.revtek.com/gmcsusp.asp.

Suspension Maxx also has good spacers and leveling kits at http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/tahoe2008.html.

A good retailer to look around at various Leveling Products (including the ones mentioned above) for good prices is www.4wheelonline.com under Leveling Kits

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do want to go beyond just leveling, there are a few good 4" kits, and you won't have to get new drive shafts or anything, just front shocks. A couple guys here have Rancho; me I've been drooling over the CST 4" for months now, and I will get it as soon as I can give up the truck for a day. It's a high quality kit that keeps track width in front, and doesn't set off the Stabilitrak or whatever. Other than that I believe Nnaboy knows which leveling kits are the good ones.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Rancho 4 inch lift kit. I'm pretty happy with it. Not happy with my MPG's!

Tool

Reaction score
I got the Rancho 4 inch lift kit. I'm pretty happy with it. Not happy with my MPG's!

RANCHO IS THE BEST = LIFETIME WARRANTY

type in the suspension kit you want and the word Complaint and see what comes up