tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fieldbet

Reaction score
i searched for a little while and couldnt find this out...

what is the biggest size tire you can put on a 00-06 with just leveling out the front? 31's.... 285's

dano

Reaction score
Assuming you've got a 265/70/17 on there now... that's equivalent to a 31" tire.

I can't speak for what others have done, or what I've done for that matter on the Tahoe, mainly because I haven't tried on mine. BUT, I know that leveling the front only gives you an inch or so worth of usable clearance. That being the case, going to a taller tire generally also means a wider tire (with a few exceptions).

I would say that depending on the wheel, say sticking with the stock wheel the tallest you can comfortably go would be a 32" tire. The wheel backspacing would have impact on whether or not you would rub under full lock turn, with the front end under compression.

ostncoln

Reaction score
i have 285/70/17s on my 01 stock stance, no rubbing or clearance issues

diesel44

Reaction score
I have 285-70-16 on stock 2001 tahoe. A little rubbing at first because of some loose plastic in the RF wheel well.