Fused Distribution for 0/1 gauge wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im still doing my big 3 upgrade. Actually, its the slow 3 upgrade for me...
Im wondering if anyone can point me to a fused distribution thing that takes 0/1 size wire in AND had 2 0/1 size out and is fused.
I can find plenty of 0/1 to several 4 or 8 sized wires, but i just need a 0/1 in to 2x 0/1 out. you may ask "why do you need that, pete?" I just do. :) the current handling isnt a concern, its the just the look I need.

thanks,
Pete

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt see any 0/1 to 0/1 style items on there, I looked for a while the other day. I can look again, though. did you see any or have any search tips?

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to put in a optima battery, 150 amp alt and do the Big 3. you went with 0 gauge wire right? how much wire did you end up needing? 20 ft?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I bought 20 feet, but didnt use anywhere near that.
these measurements are approximate, btw.
18" from batt neg to ground

I saved the following:
12" from batt pos to fuse block
24" from fuse block to alt pos
36" for engine block to chassis.

so thats about 6.5 feet. total.
I think if your going to buy a blob of 0 gauge, just get 10 feet and your'll have a few feet left over for different routing ideas etc.

I'm still mid upgrade until I find a bigger fused distribution block.. LMK if you want pictures of how its going so far. ( the big 1) :)

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:pictures would be cool.

why are you having such a hard time finding a fuse block for the 0/1 gauge wire? I can find tons. are you being picky pete? :skep:

but seriously, grab a 150 or 200 amp fuse block and be done with it bro.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I guess I am being picky. I want a 0/1 into the block, and TWO 0/1 out of the block.
let me know if you run across that one somewhere.
I see lots of them that have 1/0 in and one 4 and a bunch of 8's out, but i want 2 0/1 outs.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the big 1 :ack:

that snotted up blob of crap near the positive terminal is the stock distribution block. Im embarassed to say its just hanging there.

Attachments

• battery 001.jpg
    battery 001.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 17

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of terminals are those? i need to get around to doing this upgrade on my 'hoe (after i get the new gears and locker this weekend of course) if you find that distribution block post up a link to it.

what are you running 2 0ga wires to anyway?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ther are like, "venom" or "viper" or "raptor" or somthing like that. I tossed the packaging.
KnuConcepts has a really nice one, if you dont need the voltage readout. but, expensive. At ebay "0/1 battery terminals" yeilds this.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, exactly.

pfft. it figures it would be 75$ and the only one in sight. thanks for finding that for me. I better not skimp on the 'brain' of the car. plus, 2 inputs gives me an excuse to run 2 batteries later. :)