Replacing Headlamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUESTION 1 :smash:
Has anyone tried replacing headlamp manufactured by PIAA? See link (http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H11.html) Can anyone tell me how bright it gets? Is it really worth the money? (approx $60 online)

Any other headlamp brand suggestion other than HID conversion kit (i dont really want to modify electrical systems on my car)

QUESTION 2 :smash:
I popped up the hood to see how easy it is to replace headlamps. Replacing the bulb without removing surrounding parts seems impossible.

Can anyone advise me an easy way to replace headlamp?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELP GUYS!!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#2. Read somewhere that you can remove a couple of the inner fender liner screws and gain access that way. Looking at the service manual that I just rec'd says to remove the whole headlite assy. That looks like a real PITA.

Lil Johnys Chevy

Reaction score
HIDs are the way to go, cheap blue holegen bulbs always tend to burn out. Most HID kits on the market are plug and play, no need to modify electrical system. As far as changing the bulbs on the left side remove air cleaner box. Just loosen hose clamp and lift it out. On the right near the windsheild res. just remove black rubberish cover. Its kind of tight but its alot easier than taking the whole front bumper off.