Need some ideas! anybody?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod075

Reaction score
So I have been having my system now for about a year or so and I'm ready to do something else to it. I was thinking about doing dual components in all the doors. The 4 6x9's are already loud enough. Im just ready to experiment some more. I was thinking about building a new fiberglass box and painting it red to match the vehicle. I already have fosgate components in all the doors also. I had headrest monitors but never used them so I sold them. I even put red seude in doors at one time, but i got tired of it so pulled it out. Im open to all ideas.

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 18
  • SP_A0228.jpg
    SP_A0228.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCI0018.JPG
    DSCI0018.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 13
  • f4501 (2).jpg
    f4501 (2).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 12

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you've been busy. JKmotorsports should be able to help you out a bit. Have you tried building a system for quality? That may be a new challenge. Anyone can go loud, but clarity, depth and staging present a whole new world of challenges.

Jayrod075

Reaction score
Looks like you've been busy. JKmotorsports should be able to help you out a bit. Have you tried building a system for quality? That may be a new challenge. Anyone can go loud, but clarity, depth and staging present a whole new world of challenges.

Well now I realize that mine is very loud, and its pretty clear too. I have tried a sealed box before and it really wasnt that much of a change in quality. And no way I would ever think about buying a box from someone. So you dont try and have to sell me there. I go to alot of competitions and such and if mine wasnt clear or didnt sound good I wouldnt be riding with it. That setup is at 153.2db by the way.

Jayrod075

Reaction score
specs on box, subs and amp?

Umm I forgot the total space of the box. I mean its 4ft wide exactly. For amps I have a T10001 and a T5002 Rockford amps. The subs are all 10" rockford fosgate p2's. Everything is posted in the pictures above.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now I realize that mine is very loud, and its pretty clear too. I have tried a sealed box before and it really wasnt that much of a change in quality. And no way I would ever think about buying a box from someone. So you dont try and have to sell me there. I go to alot of competitions and such and if mine wasnt clear or didnt sound good I wouldnt be riding with it. That setup is at 153.2db by the way.

Screw it just go with 12's this time and stack another box of 6X9's on it. Sounds like you don't need anyone's idea.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm I forgot the total space of the box. I mean its 4ft wide exactly. For amps I have a T10001 and a T5002 Rockford amps. The subs are all 10" rockford fosgate p2's. Everything is posted in the pictures above.

4 10s...

i love the setup but how in the world did you hit over a 150?

what was it on??

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a rockford making 4 10s hit 153 in a tahoe especially seems pretty high.

no offense but that box has to be tuned to about 50hz, but with the size of that port im guessing its tuned low.

Jayrod075

Reaction score
I forgot to mention 153 is in the port. Thats doing port wars. On the dash im 141.8.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha alright i was gonna say 153 is pretty unreal. dash 141.8 seems right. have you done any sound deadening?

Jayrod075

Reaction score
Yeah dont get any raddling inside. outside it sounds like the back hatch it about to come off. its impossible to change the rear air while the bass is going because you cant keep your hand on the controls. I get so much roof flex its ridiculous. my windshield wipers dont stay on the windshield in front or back. everything vibrates: dash, steering wheel, gas and break pedal basically anything you can think of.

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're really looking for something else..

Sell your subs/box and sub amp and go for all out SPL

Our trucks have a ton of space and since you're into Car audio, why not make use of it..

Dont forget about your electric system if you go that route..

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You say you compete a lot, yet your system isn't set up for sq nor spl. Do you plan on continuing to compete? And if so, what class? The ideas you presented in your first post didn't seem to fall into either category. If you're asking for ideas about what to do with your system, then you'll have to explain more about what you want from it. Loud and clear alone isn't going to win any SQ comps. And 141db on the dash isn't going to wrk well in a 1kw spl class either.
Throw at us what it is you want if you really want opinions and ideas that matter. I've built everything from SPL to SQ and simple to just plain all out custom a/v show systems, 'glassed, motorized, lighting, etc...There's at least a couple other guys here that know what they're talking about also when it comes to car audio.