new to the forum looking too lower my 02 hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daxz

Reaction score
i recently bought a set of 22"status dynasty rims, and the factory suspension kills the look. so i was wondering how far to drop it so that it would look good and have no body roll. opinions would be great or opinions with pics would be even better! :)

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have twenty twos on my denali and I did the beltech spindles, and drop springs in the rear. It is considered a 2/3 kit but I wanted a 2/5 kit so I droped the rear a little farther. I don't get any body roll and it rides pretty well for having low pro tires. I can't find my pictures but I will post some.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
How much to drop it is mainly a matter of personal taste. The most common kits out there for our trucks are 2/3 and 3/5. I went with 2/3 at first, then shortly decided afterwards on a 3/5 with a 1" body drop. I have less body roll now in my 'hoe than my lowered CTS with larger swaybars. To me, the least amount of gap looks better when you're rolling big wheels on a street truck. Someone else might think stock height looks better. But since you're asking for opinions, I say go low.
BTW, welcome to the forum:beerchug: Post some pics of your truck when you get a chance so we can see what you're working with.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running a djm 3/5 drop on my 06 yukon. it has some 22" boss's. if i could, i would go back and put the drop spindles instead of control arms. but since i diddnt have the rims on yet and was running factory wheels(16's) i had to get the arms. you need to decide on how low you want to go. but i agree with jk, in that hte less wheel gap, the better it looks:cool2:

before009.jpg

daxz

Reaction score
thx guys i think i have decided too go with a 2/3 drop but what would i need to do it and witch would be best for the money if someone could help me out would bee much appreciated because im like a lost puppy with lowering kits:confused2:

Razorbackfan

Reaction score
I just got my Tahoe from this website's classifieds and the previous owner had some pics took of this one with and without a drop with 24's. I did notice the inner fenders have been rubbed from the tires but I don't know if it was this setup.

24stahoe10.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of rear suspension do you have? Then I can help you find a kit.

daxz

Reaction score
oh snap what up Budd was wondering what your name was on here.....yeah they look sick!!! but need to paint the rotors black. then ill post some sick pics with Adams car :) oh and i debadged it

but i have an 02 LT tahoe and not 100% about autoride or not