Anyone use pre-cut tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seadog

Reaction score
Always a hassle finding someone to do illegal tint in my area so I am pondering the idea of doing it myself w/ one of these pre-cut vehicle specific tint kits.Anyone done this? I have done just about everything one could possibly do to a vehicle but have yet to try this.

bnamike

Reaction score
I've never used pre cut tint. I did take the truck to a place the dealer recommended and paid the guy doing the install a couple extra bucks and he tinted the front windows to match the rear (which is apparently illegal around here).

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always a hassle finding someone to do illegal tint in my area so I am pondering the idea of doing it myself w/ one of these pre-cut vehicle specific tint kits.Anyone done this? I have done just about everything one could possibly do to a vehicle but have yet to try this.

I've done frameless windows and it's doable. Tried my Tahoe and even tho I laid it out on the outside of the glass to cut to size, when I tried to put it on, discovered that's one talent I don't have. If I saw someone do it, then maybe I could have done it.

If you get stopped for something else, try rolling both windows down. :giggling:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I meant this is already cut to size for your vehicle.You just put it on.

That's what I tried to do by precutting the tint by laying it on the outside of the window. Saw it on TV. Always looks easy when they do it. :)

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I went to the company that does window tint and stereo installs for my Chevy dealer and they would only do the 20% tint on the front driver and passenger windows if I paid them with cash. Credit card payments leave an audit trail if there is ever a legal issue. They stand behind the product and install but cash payment only. You might look for a place like this were you live. Opt for the higher quality tint. Here in AZ the cheaper stuff fades and turns purple after a year or two of harsh AZ desert sun.