Performance Accessories 3" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHEVYMANE

Reaction score
Anyone used this lift kit or know anything about it. Looking to do the lift before winter. I know you get what you pay for but i'm new to body lifts. Placed new suspension under plenty of cars with no problem. I see they come with front bumper brackets. My front bumper is a little smashed in on the driver's side (stupid donuts in the snow). Will i have problems with the mounting. I work at a dealer so i'll be using a lift & air tools FYI. Any info appreciated. 99 Tahoe 4wd 4dr

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had this body lift on my 99 Hoe since 2002 w/no problems. Most kits come w/brackets for the front bumper and none for the rear. I cut my rear brackets a little to make everything line up perfect. Also the way frame and body are designed its not very noticable to see the gap in the rear fender well...Nothing lift lips couldnt fix. The best way to look at is how much you are going to be off-road...Occasionally? Go with a body lift...Mountian climbing and Rubicon trail? Suspension lift. You can knock out a body lift in a few hours. Hope this helps.

Tool

Reaction score
GOOGLE SEARCH........the company name and the word complaints

CHEVYMANE

Reaction score
Thanks. I won't be offroading, just want the BIGGER than you feeling when I pull up next to another hoe without spending a bunch of money. Heard mentions about the rear bumper bracket. What's the issue? What has to be done? Will I lose my hitch? Is there a big gap between the bumper & tailgate? Thanks.

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most kits don't come with a rear bumper lift bracket, because then its not safe to tow with it. When lifted with a body lift it will leave an ugly gap. So what you can do is notch out the bumper bracket on the rear bumper and elongate the mounting holes and it will fit perfect. It will raise the bumper from the hitch, but its not noticable.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The performance accessories and the summit body lift are the same the summit is just a reboxed PA body lift. I believe the only difference is the price a PA body lift from summit is 204 and the summit body lift is 128.

Last edited:

loctite

Reaction score
if you put a 3" body lift on a stock tahoe (97) what size tire can then be fitted????

USMCRay

Reaction score
I have a 3 inch body lift on my 98 4-door and 33x12.50 fits just fine. I had to cut the end of my rear frame and raise it 3 inches and weld it back on to raise the rear bumper. Now all I have to do is buy a rollpan hitch and then the reciever will be up where it belongs.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 inch body lift on my 98 4-door and 33x12.50 fits just fine. I had to cut the end of my rear frame and raise it 3 inches and weld it back on to raise the rear bumper. Now all I have to do is buy a rollpan hitch and then the reciever will be up where it belongs.

You did what?

USMCRay

Reaction score
Where the frame mounts to the bumper I went back a couple pf inches and cut them off then raised both sides 3 inches and welded it back on. I couldn't find a way to make brackets to raise the bumper up so that was my only choice. Trust me I didn't want to do it at first but couldn't find a better way.

USMCRay

Reaction score
I will try to take pics tomorrow and post them on here.

USMCRay

Reaction score
Bumperlift.jpg

I know this is a bad pic but you can see where I cut it and then welded it back on. As you can see there are no brackets to mod and if you make a bracket it won't fit to give you any support.