Pro Comp Lift kits...Poor Quaility????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iq:Guys Im torn here. Somebody post and help me out. Was about to buy a procomp 6 inch lift today. But then google searched them, along with called 3 4x4 shops... The google thing went terrible...tons of negative ****, from idler/pittman arms wearing excessivily fast, to brackets breaking...all kind of ****. then I call a few shops and they really put the fear in me. All 3 said they stopped using pro comp lifts long time ago.Mainly because they were always fixing them and repairing ****. they told me the BDS uses a new way of lifting. Something about replacing the whole knuckle and not just using brackets like the procomp. Said procomps way was outdated. Man wth. I go down to indy this past weekand and they rave over the procomp ****. is it quality **** or not?? I know its cheaper than most kits but hows the workmanship of the material? I can get a sweet deal on the procom lift but if its no good Im gonna go with BDS. someone help me herre

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off u went down to indy this weekend???the jamboree i suppose. i had a great time as im sure u also did, excluding the rain midday saturday...idk man i like my pro comp havent had ne problems with it nor have ne of my buddies that run it..

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you had your procomp lift? did you regear? have you been burning through idler/pittman arms? i think you void your warranty with procomp if you run any body lift dont you? man talk to me and yea I was there saturday. Friggin monster truck doing a sledpull. only in indy. but hey tons of bad things on the procomp lift so Im making sure I do my homework b4 I buy. you heard about BDS lifts?

first off u went down to indy this weekend???the jamboree i suppose. i had a great time as im sure u also did, excluding the rain midday saturday...idk man i like my pro comp havent had ne problems with it nor have ne of my buddies that run it..

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dont mind the higher prices, BDS is the way to go hands down. They will replace any single part that breaks for the lifetime of the product. Hell you can bring in an entire crossmember with mud dripping off it into them if something went wrong with it and tell them you want it replaced, and you got yourself a new one. - That to me is a company standing behind their product.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the thing is im not really planning on taking it mudding/offroad that often. Just want a tough look with the occasional option to go off road. I no that bds has one hell of a warranty, but just for the lift with alignment and exhaust mod...is 2975...then you need new pittman/idler arms....rims and tires..hell thats 5000 grand youll be around when its all done. I can get lifted with procomp and tires rims and all that **** for 3800...just wondering how reliable procomp is for highway driving, durability and overall quality?

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i am the same as you are...mine doesnt go offroad very much at all...its way to much money to be out breaking stuff..no i havent replaced ne thing...to be honest that doesnt mean i shouldnt possible look into but i mean there isnt ne thing that has just gone wrong out of nowhere...anything that has happened i did to it by being stupid...everyone that i talk to loves the pro comp for the normal everyday driving and offroading here and there...u may be talkin to people that got the pro comp and go offroad quite a bit or are rough on it..Brinks and Darryl will tell u at 4wheelparts n indy that the pro comp isnt made to go out and trash, know what im saying..its more of a lift for the look rather than the actual adventure lol...and dont really know much or ne 1 with the BDS sry..oh and by the way yes i regeared with 4.56s and a front and rear locker

Last edited:

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard you couldnt put a locker in the front??? well do you think i should run 35s or 33s..im just doing the 6 inch pro comp lift so i dont want any rubbing or **** when i turn, no what i mean....yea the look over the offroad capability is what im looking for. was thinking 33s so i dont put so much wear on the parts...idler/pittman arms...bushings....front and rear diffs/rearends

aquaholic

Reaction score
my hoe has 229000 miles on it and a 6" pro comp lift. no troubles with pro comp here.