sub in 08 hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joetm

Reaction score
I have a 3rd row and my trunk space is about a foot ... where do I put the sub haha ... anyone do anythign custom?

I have the bose system ... if there is a stock sub could i take it out and put maybe a 10'' in that compartment where ever that is?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much do you want to spend? The easiest option is the JL Stealthbox, but it is expensive.

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put my stealth box in a few weeks ago, and dam that thing hits hard for a 10''
you could go with bassforms there boxes are awesome!!!!

jl stealth boxes are anywhere between $380 and $450

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put my stealth box in a few weeks ago, and dam that thing hits hard for a 10''
you could go with bassforms there boxes are awesome!!!!

jl stealth boxes are anywhere between $380 and $450

Did you have to use a new amp to power the JL Stealth box or the Bose amp is suffice? Stealth might be a option for me and i just would like to know all that is needed to add the stealth box with the Bose system. Thanks

joetm

Reaction score
I cant see losing the center console for a sub ... or even having a sub so close to me ...

My good friend does a lot of stereo work and we were throwin around the idea of 2 10s in the liftgate with some fiberglass backing and then dynamat the crap outta it

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be sweet if you could pull it off, but you are probably going to need some heavier duty pistons to hold the extra weight up.

joetm

Reaction score
true ... the subs would be light but i guess id need to research that a little bit because and extra 20 -30 lbs in material is a good amount for the crappy lift gate ... plus i have the auto one too

hmmm now im not so sure about this hahah

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I have.......12" shallow Kicker and Pioneer 600W amp that fits perfect :)

IMG_0159.jpg

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see how it differs from being anywhere else in the vehicle, apart from perhaps a little more vibration in the armrest. Since it is so close to you, you really don't have to turn it up as much to hear it. Mine is set pretty low right now (I never intended my design to win any SPL competitions). I did have some issues with it vibrating the console's plastic, but I put some padding in there which has stopped that.

I don't think I could tolerate a sub being in the center console. Gambler, hoew do you handle yours?

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZSCTACO, what model box do you have? Fits under the seat no problems? Sounds good?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZSCTACO, what model box do you have? Fits under the seat no problems? Sounds good?

Actually this box fits between the captains chairs in the second row. So if you have a bench....it's not gonna work. It hits pretty hard....

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

joetm

Reaction score
yea im not willing ot give up the space i need something behind the third row ... 12'' is too big for back there plus im done with all the massive pounding bass I just want something a little better

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im not willing ot give up the space i need something behind the third row ... 12'' is too big for back there plus im done with all the massive pounding bass I just want something a little better

That was my main goal as well....keep something out of the way and something I don't have to move around. The box I have in the middle of the seats is out of the way....it can be stepped on with no worry's. I was thinking of one behind the 3rd row but I use the back to much and moving it in and out is not an option.

joetm

Reaction score
i think i am just going to build a box and sit it on the right hand side of the truck so the sub is facing the left side of the truck ... just a ten inch ill post pics this weekend