Which torsion keys to buy ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeachRide

Reaction score
I just installed 285-75-16 H3 wheels/tires on my '00 Tahoe and do not have any rubbing issues with normal driving, but definately plan to install torsion keys soon for more clearance. I have seen keys from $50 - $300 and would like to opinions on which keys you guys/gals have used and any pro/cons. My biggest question with the cheaper keys are of course quality and proper fit.

Thanks !
Dave

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford OEM F-150 keys will get you about 2" of lift, and are cheaper than the aftermarket kits. That's what I'm going to be doing soon - and they are only about $25 each. Cheapest torsion key option out there IMO, and they are Ford OEM...not some chinese made el-cheapo kit, even though they don't cost very much.

Oh, and post some pics of your H3 wheels, I bet that looks pretty sick! :D

TXST8tj

Reaction score
i run the Ford keys. they got me over 3" of lift. they were $74 for the pair from the local ford dealership. you can get them a little cheaper online, but after shipping, it's just as good to get them locally. some dealerships do charge less than others. find a few in your area and call around for the better price and availability.

most of the "aftermarket" keys are Ford keys with the Ford OEM stamp grinded off. a lot of local 4x4 shops use Ford keys, get them from the same dealership you could, but charge 2-3 times as much for them.

importmd

Reaction score
what year range are the F150 keys for? 2wd or 4wd. or a part number would help. thanks