Hard Wire V1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATRFLYER

Reaction score
Doesnt seem to be a big topic on this forum, is there anyone that has done this in these trucks. Usually i just use a fuse tap and tap into something there and ground to something. Cant seem to find a good fuse to tap into.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hardwired my V1 into my Denali. I've had it for a long time and have been just moving it from one vehicle to the next. I like using add-a-fuse to get the power but couldn't find a switched source in the fuse box on the driver's side. I was too lazy to go looking for another source so I just kept it like that. I just have to remember to turn on the V1 when I'm going to do some spirited driving and off when I get out. Although, I've left it on plenty of times and haven't had a problem yet.

I have a hidden display, too, that I ran up to the steering column.

ATRFLYER

Reaction score
I hardwired my V1 into my Denali. I've had it for a long time and have been just moving it from one vehicle to the next. I like using add-a-fuse to get the power but couldn't find a switched source in the fuse box on the driver's side. I was too lazy to go looking for another source so I just kept it like that. I just have to remember to turn on the V1 when I'm going to do some spirited driving and off when I get out. Although, I've left it on plenty of times and haven't had a problem yet.

I have a hidden display, too, that I ran up to the steering column.

I have a denali also. I Was gonna use the radio fuse on the drivers side. Its switched right? What did you ground yours to? My multimeter broke and was trying to avoid going out and buying a new one right now so was just kinda doing trial and error on the the ground.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though certain accessories are supposed to be switched, the fuses didn't seem to be switched at all. I think I tried just about every single one and couldn't find a switched fuse.

I did ground the V1. I just found a screw under the dash to ground it to.

u2nv

Reaction score
i have a nice cobra that sticks to the glass and mounted between rearview mirror and overhead console, ran wires threw to over head console made small notch in plastic so to not pinch wires, and there i found a power and grnd wire solder and heat shrink wires and have had no problems.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If you remove the lower knee bolster cover under the steering column, you'll see a set of heavier gauge wires (brn, orange, pink, red) coming from the ign switch going towards the left to the back of the fuse box. You can splice into the brown wire for switched power.