car alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kinggreen803

Reaction score
i need help with installing my car alarm on my 97 hoe. the alarm came with so many wires that it just overwhelm me. can any body tell me how to make it easier it is a remote start and alarm system together. i need to locate all the wires in the truck itself and make sense of the rest

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
Constant 12V+ Red Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Pink Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 White Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 3 Brown Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Orange Ignition Switch Harness (Heat/AC)
Tach White Coil
Brake Switch White Brake Switch
Parking Lights Brown (+) Light Switch
Door Trigger Purple (-) Either Pin Switch
Door Lock Light Blue Above Accelerator Pedal at Factory Relays
Door Unlock White Positive Trigger

i got the door locks at the door harness in the kick panel. i remember there are alot of white wires so i had to just test them.

make sure that you power pink/white and the brown wires when you do the r/s. i use idata link for the bypass. and TahoeGoBoom is incorrect the bypass only does the key bypass. you can cut any other wire that you dont need off the alarm.

i can help you some more if you tell me what alarm you are installing..

i am actually the person who installed TahoeGoBoom's r/s alarm. he has a autopage rs727 and i use a solo series idata link for the bypass

kinggreen803

Reaction score
bypass

what is the bypass for. I dont have one. I actually have the crimestopper CS-2014DPIITW2. I need help.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
sry i guess you do not need a bypass. only 98up do.
i have given you a tech sheet that tells you what wires do what function in your car.
http://www.crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/ComboSystem/cs2011dp_2900dp_II_b_ins.pdf

that web page on page 31 of the pdf has a wiring diagram for that alarm..

for ex.

green wire on alarm is for (-) door pin. so you would hook that up to the purple wire at door pin. 12v red on alarm will go to red at ign harness. think pink wire will go to pink on ign harness. think grey will go to orange at ign harness. pink/white will go to white on ign harness..... ect.. i think you can get the idea from that. then when you are all done and you have tried everything out and it all works. you can cut any wires you do not need.

iam a manager at a car electronics shop in wpb fl. the tahoegoboom lives in orlardo so if you are in fl or close to fl and want to make a trip either one of use can install your alarm for a fee. but if you want to try it your self.. have at it. let me know if you need anymore help

kinggreen803

Reaction score
still having problems

i am still having problems with the door lock and unlock function any ideas.

kinggreen803

Reaction score
door locks

we were in the process of hooking the alarm up and then we could not figure out how to get the door lock to unlock and lock. we hooked the wires up to the light blue and white wires but we had no luck. if you could help with this then that would be cool. maybe i can call you and you can explain what i am doing wrong.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
this is probably the easiest way. take off your driver door switches and keep them connected. flip them over and look for the blue and white wires closes to the lock/unlock switch. you can test these wires by sending then a pos pulse. i would tap these wires at the switch then run then to the alarm. the reason i would do this is because there are a lot of blue and a lot of white wires in the harness that is in the kick panel. i remember testing at least 15 white wires.

gix1kguy

Reaction score
how do you know for sure if a yukon has passlock II? i have a 99 yukon slt 2wd but dont have the chip in the key? but there is a security light on the dash. paslock or no passlock

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The wires need a positive pulse. The wires from the alarm door lock/unlock triggers are usually negative. You'll have to use relays to change the negative signal over to positive in order to trigger the factory relays. You can catch these wires coming into the driver kick panel from the driver door harness.

... you can test these wires by sending then a pos pulse.

DON'T test the wires by sending them a positive pulse. If you don't have the right wire, you can short or damage a part. Verify using a dmm first, then you can fuse a wire and test with a pulse.

Last edited:

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you know for sure if a yukon has passlock II? i have a 99 yukon slt 2wd but dont have the chip in the key? but there is a security light on the dash. paslock or no passlock

yes you have passlock. its not a chipped key, it sends a signal through the metal of the key and blah blah... long story short, you need the bypass.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
The wires need a positive pulse. The wires from the alarm door lock/unlock triggers are usually negative. You'll have to use relays to change the negative signal over to positive in order to trigger the factory relays. You can catch these wires coming into the driver kick panel from the driver door harness.

DON'T test the wires by sending them a positive pulse. If you don't have the right wire, you can short or damage a part. Verify using a dmm first, then you can fuse a wire and test with a pulse.

i believe that the alarm that he is using does both pos and neg. i dont have to worry about shorting a wire i use a powerprobe II. getting the wires at the door harness is a bitch... there are more then 10 white wires. as i said the easiest way is to just run a wire from the door. if your alarm only does neg trigger then to convert to a pos you need 2 relays. 86 and 30 are pos 85 is you neg trigger from alarm door lock. and 87 is your 12v output.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Is it a two or four door? Two door models have a 5 wire cdls system while the four doors have a positive pulsed system. It's going to make a difference when interfacing an aftermarket alarm/keyless with the vehicle's cdls system.
If tested correctly, it should only take a couple mins at most to find the right wire in either kick coming from either door jamb boot. A lot easier and faster than removing the door panel and running a wire through the boot. There aren't that many white and blue wires from the door harness.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hmmm...well that's weird. I've been installing for almost 17 yrs (including about 10-15 alarms/remote starts a week) and have never had a GM truck with that many white wires from the dr door harness.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
don't get me wrong if i was doing the alarm i would get them at the door harness. but for someone who doesn't really know what they are doing it might just be easier for them to do it in the door. i have been installing for years now. and i just did another Tahoe 2day and there were many white wires and i believe one blue wire in the door harness. and i know it doesnt take long to test the wires but once again we both have been doing this for a long time now.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yea, it probably is easier for some people to just run it through the door if they don't have the right equipment or experience to test a big bundle of wires.
Kinggreen, have you got the locks to work yet?