What's Up with My Radio ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buttnaked Suburban

Reaction score
Hey Members,

I just got this 02 Suburban on 9/26/08 for a couple $$$$ and the radio only plays out the front doors tweeters and the rear sub. I notice that the second row audio control is missing, could this be my trouble. The back doors don't play at all. And this Suburban has a DVD player install under the back seat. Need some help members with this one.

Buttnaked Suburban,

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, to start, make sure if you have the Bose that your fader is not turned all the way to one side or the other but that the indicator on the knob is straight up and down. Next, on my yukon I have some audio controls on the back of the center console for the people in the back seat so they can adjust the sound coming out of the back door speakers, if the power button is on (at least with mine it is the case, I hardly use this function) it will cut out the sound in the back doors. Third, It might have something to do with your DVD player setup, have you tried to play a DVD and do you get the sound out of your stereo? Do you have a aftermarket button in your truck that turns on a transmitter to play the DVD sound through your stereo? Just some thoughts, when I bought my denali there were a few things that just threw me for a loop, and I can usually figure stuff out without looking through an owners manual too!! Keep us informed and good luck!!

buttnaked Suburban

Reaction score
Thanks, for the reply

NO, it's not a Bose unit and the rear audio control is missing. The fade works fine and all the controls on the head unit. Now do you think it could be the amp? This thing sounds crazy just the tweeters in the front doors and the subwoofer play music. My Onstar do not work at all but the green light is on. When i push the blue button the music stops for a minute or two and the radio comes back on. Has anyone remove the amp from behind the glovebox and used that wire harness for RCA jacks and power supply for a new amp? Just looking for some input here. I will be removing this stock unit soon, but need some sound for now.

Thanks,

BS