Lowered and rides is rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalambo

Reaction score
lowered the 07 tahoe and the rides is rough and a little bouncy, is there a front strut I can get to smooth out the ride? Brands? Strut Height compared to factory? And price? Thanks

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lowered the 07 tahoe and the rides is rough and a little bouncy, is there a front strut I can get to smooth out the ride? Brands? Strut Height compared to factory? And price? Thanks

Not sure what springs you are using. But Pedders does offer a seriusly better strut and shock for the GM900 trucks and utilities. Here is the link

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.a...roductListings.aspx?Level1=GMC&Level2=GMT+900

Now ride quality is really a subjective issue. You might think yours is rough, and another guy roadtesting your ride might think it is not stiff enough.

I am not sure yet on the GM 900 utiliites, but doing a spindle drop on the 2wd 1500 trucks of past models, takes out the tie rods in a serious way. These 06 and earlier vehicles had really crummy tie rods. Mcaughey drop coils, will in fact make the ride firmer. So it goes back to your subjective description. What you should do is to road test another lowered vehicle just like yours. Now there is one brand, a popular one, that is really noted for putting little design into their coils. In fact, they traditionally will only use 1 to 2 active coils. They also have inconsistancies in their drop heights. Throw a couple of guys in the back seat, and the rear are on the bump stops.

Using the Pedders drop coils with the Pedders struts and rear shocks, made a serious improvement in performance. I did a autocross for GTOs and Vettes. We also checked a Pedderized Tahoe, with the small V8 to a OEM Tahoe with ride control and a 5.3l. The Pedders Tahoe was 2,8 seconds faster on the autocross than the OEM Tahoe with a bigger engine.

A video of this is available.
Your 24 inch wheels and tires will contribute to a reduction in ride quality than the drop coils, however.
mike
dms