update 4" lowering springs installed w/pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with ike getting in the way of things i finally got around to installing the 4" springs to get rid of the rake look. originally i installed a springtech 2/3 spindles and spring kit and was very pleased with the ride but it still had some rake and it was more than i wanted, 1.5" higher in the back to be exact. i did some searching and found out belltech makes a 4" spring and ordered them. the spring (sorry forgot to take pic) is the same height as the 3" spring but is thinner gauge and has less spring tension so i wouldnt recommend it if your tahoe is going to be used for towing heavy. the springs also called for belltech shocks but i kept the oem's with the shock extenders and in 2 days of driving i have not bottomed out once. compared to the 3" the ride is the same but i have heard some slight rubbing on hard turns from body roll. overall im very happy with the look and handling.

here is the before pic
07.jpg

after
4inch.jpg

and one more (glass fogs with hid upgrade coming soon)
angleshot.jpg

Last edited:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow. that looks much better with the rear leveled out properly.
Im sorry that your rubbing on turns... i had the same problem with my belltech kit. ( although it was just torsion keys and drop shackles. the front was over-low and rubbed like mad with their keys, so I just put the stocks back on and cranked it down. now, like you, I only rub over the harshest of bumps. ( well, dips really)

but yeah, so whats next for you then, 22's?

looks great !

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man, next set of tires id like to get some esky 22's w plain center caps or some kmc slide wheels. first thing is a tune though.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks good man. IMO it looks better leveled like that. The factory 20s look good, but those Esky 22s will clean it up a lot.

frshnsokln

Reaction score
Very nice.

So did you use the belltech just in the rear and kept your other setup in the front?

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought the springtech 2/3 kit from ebay buy now price $299 and $50 shipping. the 4" springs i ordered from sporttruck direct for $219 shipped.

07tahizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice drop!! im trying to decide which drop i want on my car. would you recomend this?

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i would, rides very close to factory and doesnt have the bouncy or rough ride as i thought i would and handles better. personally i think it looks better, gives it a sporty look.

kingnut

Reaction score
julio is the rubbing from the fenders or the plastic in the fender wells?

PhxIrn

Reaction score
I love the way your Tahoe looks! I just picked up my 07 LT Tahoe last week and plan to do a similar drop. Was there a difference in ride between the rear Spring Tech Coils and the Beltech coils? I read another post on this forum explaining that the McGaughy 3" rear coils provide a bouncy ride. I've used Beltech coils in the past and have been satisfied with the ride. BTW, who's the manufacturer of your billet grille? I can't find a mesh like that (without the outside trim). Thanks.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna do the Belltech 2/4, but then every 07-Up Tahoe I see with it has the "Cali Lean" stance (back lower than the front) and I think that stance is extremely ugly. So that left me to the 3/4 drop or the 2/3 drop, I think I'm gonna with a Belltech 2" front drop and a DJM 3" rear drop, 2/3 because 3/4 is pretty low, especially for the front.
Look into it and you'll see, and yes Mcgaughy rear coils are pretty bouncy so stick with either Ground Force, Belltech or DJM.