07 Tahoe LT3 volume wide open after upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nescience2

Reaction score
I have picked up a vandalized 2007 Tahoe LT3 4WD 5.3 liter that originally came with CD/DVD/MP3 radio (UVA) and Bose premium speaker system (UQA). I am installing a Nav/CD/DVD Radio system (15940102), including Bose Amp (15913905) along with the center console, from a junked 07 Tahoe interior. I have access to junked vehicle's dash if there is anything I forgot. Installation went OK except none of the volume controls (on the radio and steering wheel) work. The system is stuck with volume wide open. DVD works, Nav needs map disk, GPS signal not working yet but have not worked alot on that. CD works and is also wide open volume.

All cables appear plugged properly in both radio and amplifier. Junked vehicle for Nav radio had 4rd plug with 3 wires for rear cam this vehicle does not possess. Other 3 plugs going to radio seem wired exactly same except for wire 4 on plug number 1 (black plug). The junk vehicle had a voice recognition audio signal (UE1) on wire 4 that the current vehicle does not possess.

I have stumped 3 dealerships in Western NC with this so far. I am told the Tech 2 cannot find/connect to the amplifier. There is a stored code from the radio, DTC B0000 (Vehicle Speed Information Circuit Plausibility Failure). Troubleshooting suggests to check the serial data signal from the EBCM at > 3 mph. If good replace radio. If bad replace the EBCM.

Theories are:

1. Incompatible wiring
2. Automatic volume control over-compensating for bad Vehicle Speed Information (Thinks vehicle is going extremely fast and turns up volume to cover sound of impending crash I assume)
3. Bad Radio head unit
4. Bad Bose Amp.

While my 15 year old son can see no problem, I would appreciate any reasonable suggestions on how to make this configuration work. I do have access to GM tech willing to tinker using the Tech 2 as needed.

Thanks in advance.

senecala

Reaction score
The only thing that I would know to suggest from my experience would be incorrect programming done at dealership. When they plug the tech 2 device into the vehicle and program the radio, it asks a series of questions, there are supposedly two different questions that you need to choose without Y91 option. If you do not do this the vehicle radio will remain on full blast. The Y91 option I think is for a GMC yukon with a different amplifier. Other than that I do not know, good luck.

Tony

nescience2

Reaction score
Showed your message to service tech who followed your advice>>>FIXED! I can hear again! Teenage son is sad. Life is normal. Thanks Tony

-Scott

goplay

Reaction score
Showed your message to service tech who followed your advice>>>FIXED! I can hear again! Teenage son is sad. Life is normal. Thanks Tony

-Scott

So was the y91 option the problem or something else.

i was thinking about turning on the option,