DVD Headrests Installed... TV Mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p26963

Reaction score
So I got the GM factory authorized DVD headrests installed in my 07 LTZ Tahoe... I must say they are pretty nice. One thing I was reading in the manual was a feature it had... TV mode.. if available.

When I go through the sources there is a source for TV and I can change channels. Of course I am not getting any reception. So I was trying to find out more information regarding the TV mode and what would be needed to enable it if I ever wanted to. Of course the instruction manual never said anything other than "if TV mode is available". I'm assuming it is in my case, but once again I'm assuming since I have no way to verify since the instruction manual is pretty weak.

Anyone else have the GM DVD headrests installed and know anything more about the TV mode and if additional configuration needs to be done to get that working? It sparked my curiousity.

SoCalZ71

Reaction score
You are going to need some sort of tv tuner and antenna. You can pick these items up at a local car audio store.

p26963

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Of course there is nothing in the manual that says really anything about it other than how to tune channels.

You are going to need some sort of tv tuner and antenna. You can pick these items up at a local car audio store.