small lift for now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
im thinking about putting a skyjacker 2-2.5 inch suspension lift on my stock 97 hoe and just putting 33's on it till i can put a bigger lift on. could i do this and not rub if i put 33x13.5...even if i do a lil off roading..plz give me ur feedback

~thanks!

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33's will rub. I have a 3" lift and a torsion adjustment. Im running 305's (which is about a 32" tire) and under load and turning they occasionaly rub in the front. You will also have to trim the plastic valance a little. 3" body and a skyjacker lift you should be able fit 33's no problem....maybe even 35's.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it depends on the offset and width of the tire. when i bought mine off the dealer it had around a 32.5" tall tire on the stockers. could have stuffed 33"s on it. if you go wide your going to have rub problems. back of the front fenders still rubs a little on mine when its twisted up with the 6" lift and 35's.