Lowering with Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoP1

Reaction score
We just lowered our 07 LTZ with a DJM 2/3 kit. The front dropped very nice the rear not so much. It seems that the auto ride is keeping the bags full. I noticed that the rear has some link arms for detecting load, and have read about "bending" these arms. DJM did not mention anything about this. Anyone have some info regarding this? Thanks in advance.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another forum, someone installed a drop kit and it came with new rods. I would think that you either need new, shorter rods or bend the ones you have to make them effectively shorter.

RDosdorian

Reaction score
I have been looking at dropping my LTZ. I began looking at Eibach but when I spoke to them, my main concern was getting suspension error lights. Eibach said this would occur but would likely be very seldom.

Another person on this form recommended McGaughy's. I spoke with them and was happier with what they had to tell me. So... I called one of their recommended installers. The installer told me that while the kit was very well made, it was expensive but created issues where allignment became an issue after installation. This dealer recommended Ground Force.

After looking at Ground Force, I am more confused than ever. Each of these companies achieve lowering in different ways. Some use spindles and some don't. Some want to change the rear shocks and some do nothing more than reposition the factory ones.

At this point, I am back to square 1. I don't really know which direction to go.

Ray

HoP1

Reaction score
RS,

I went with DJM suspension, they retain the factory shock and strut. For the rear you get shock extenders, shortened springs and a new trailing arm mount. For the front you get new lower control arms with updated ball joint and twin sleeve bushings. I installed this kit on my LTZ and at first did have error lights for the suspension, to correct the problem I had to shorten the height sensor arms (located in the rear and there are two) by 22% which came to 1 inch. Since then after alignment and yes the vehicle can be brought back to factory alignment with ease, the vehicle handles very well, and ride quality is damn near the same as it was from the factory. All in all I'm very pleased with DJM's Calmax kit.