back and forth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
ok, i've been goin back and forth between a 2-2.5 inch lift or a 4'' pro comp lift or a 6'' lift....wut the hell should i do? the plan is to eventually put 35's on it but i dont know if i wanna do it this or just 33's. Wut would i have to replace if i get a 6'' pro comp lift and 35's thats not in the kit? right now i have a stock 97 2door hoe, plz give me some feedback and maybe diff brands

Gotta figure it out~thanks~sean

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are putting the 6" procomp kit on you have to mod the exhaust over the front driveshaft for the correct clearance, and possibly new pitman and idler arms.

other than wheels and tires and the kit you'd be good if i remember correctly

Last edited:

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
if you are putting the 6" procomp kit on you have to mod the exhaust over the front driveshaft for the correct clearance, and possibly new pitman and idler arms.

other than wheels and tires and the kit you'd be good if i remember correctly

Alright cool, thats wut i needed to know...i think im gonna do the 6'' lift but how do i know wut idler and pitman arms i need?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure who 4wheelparts got my "upgraded" pitman and idler arms from, but you basically just want a beefed up set for your year of truck.

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
k, im thinking about putting some 35x12.5 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A-KM on my truck...anything cheaper but has the offroad look that i want?...and i wouldnt rubb at all would i

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 4" Rancho kit on mine (which I am very happy with) and run 33" tires most of the year. If I had planned on using 35" I would have gone with the 6".