Navi Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hphansen

Reaction score
My parents have a 2003 Yukon Denali. They dont use there navigation everyday, but they noticed that it is no longer working. When you hit the Nav button it says "Checking disc" or "CD Error". I tried to eject the disk but it will not respond. I can hear the disk spinning but nothing shows up. I removed the trim to check that all of the wires were connected and they are. Do you have any ideas? They just had the spedo replaced a month ago under extended warranty but the navigation is not covered. It is a little strange that the Navi stopped working after the spedo was replaced, but they dont use it often so they didn't notice for a month. The GMC dealer said there is no way that the new speedo affected the Navi. Any thoughts?

Thanks -

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Replacing the speedo should not have anything to do with the navi reading error. There is an internal problem with the nav unit itself. If the disc is spinning but it reads "error", then the system is unable to read the disc, which can be caused by a number of things: dirty lens, scratched disc, lens mis-alignment, etc. The nav unit shouldn't have even had to be removed or unplugged to replace the speedo. The gauge cluster can be removed w/o pulling out the navi.

hphansen

Reaction score
Navi

So as it turns out I called the GM warranty department and the navigation was covered under the extended warranty. The dealer totally lied and I was pissed. I finally got to the service manager and demanded that they pay for the deductible, which they did. Long story short they replaced the unit and it is working great. Thanks for your inputs