Ipod Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdz06

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a radio transmitting ipod in which I have to plug into the AUX power to operate. I have the whine when I accelerate, etc. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can eliminate this whine due to the ipod being plugged into the AUX cig lighter?

Possible hard wiring of sum sort if this is possible? or not......

Thank you on any quick responses

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Hi all,

I have a radio transmitting ipod in which I have to plug into the AUX power to operate. I have the whine when I accelerate, etc. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can eliminate this whine due to the ipod being plugged into the AUX cig lighter?

A had wired connection is always better than a radio transmitter which is vulnerable to interference.

birdz06

Reaction score
i understand a hard wire is always better but being that it is a cig adapter powered radio transmitted ipod holder. Is there a soulution to this as far as this type adapter being hard wired and how would that be done???

Or maybe i just misunderstood your reply in the first place..:confused2::confused2:

birdz06

Reaction score
thanks for da quick response...how would i go about getting noise filters and from where?
thanx again

scomo

Reaction score
Hi all,

If I understand you correctly, I don't think it has anything to do with your auxiliary power source. I have had the same issue with the whine and I found it to be a bad ground to the stereo. Does the truck only make the whine when your iPod adapter is plugged into your auxiliary power source?

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the truck only make the whine when your iPod adapter is plugged into your auxiliary power source?
Mine is like that. I had my Sirius radio plugged into AUX plugs in the rear and could hear the whine a low volumes. I can only hear it in AUX, every other source including XM is fine (but I didn't test the front AUX).

birdz06

Reaction score
Yea only when i plug it in the cigarette and aux port holes