Static Noise after hooking up aftermarket stereo/amp/subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s1m0n

Reaction score
I have a 4.8 yukon with bose.. i bough the correct wiring harness (expensive as crap)..

i hooked up the aftermarket stereo with the harness.. I dont think it has anything to do with the subs and amp becuase it made this static noise before i hooked those up.

Anyways through my speakers is a static noise.. if i turn the music up loud enough i cant hear it. If i pause the head unit it still makes the noise unless i turn it down. it sounds like you have it turned way up but there isnt any music playing.. anyone know whats wrong.. is it normal for it to do this..

if i turn my music up.. the static noise doesent get louder..

daxz

Reaction score
check your RCA's and make suree they arent touching happened with mine when i instaled my very first system

s1m0n

Reaction score
not touching where.. i ran my power cable and rcas and remote wire down the same side of my car.. does that make a difference.. even if it was making that sound before i even wired the wires for the amp and subs..

becuase it was doing it when i only had my head unit hooked up