Black Bowtie Emblems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I find Black Bowtie Emblems?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've actually only purchased the paint and adhesion promoter. Don't know if I'll clear coat until I see how it comes out. Right now I plan to leave a chrome border.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Duplicolor glossy black and Duplicolor clearcoat but I haven't done it yet. Are you going to take the emblems off and paint them or just leave them on and tape around the edges?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Duplicolor glossy black and Duplicolor clearcoat but I haven't done it yet. Are you going to take the emblems off and paint them or just leave them on and tape around the edges?

Here's the front one. Went ahead and did clearcoat. Probably take it back off when I get some time and wetsand and polish it out. But it's OK for now.

I think will do rear one in situ. (luv using that phrase) :giggling:

Attachments

• Black bowtie front.jpg
    Black bowtie front.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 153

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great :thumbsup: ..... So did you take it off first and then paint it? Or did you leave it on the truck and paint it? ... Also, did you spray paint w/ the Duplicolor Black, let it dry, and then spray the Duplicolor clearcoat?

Thanks for your help...

CaMs

Reaction score
looks good, but is it possible to remove the bowtie completely?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great :thumbsup: ..... So did you take it off first and then paint it? Or did you leave it on the truck and paint it? ... Also, did you spray paint w/ the Duplicolor Black, let it dry, and then spray the Duplicolor clearcoat?

Thanks for your help...

I did take it off. There's two 10mm speed nuts (think there was supposed to be a third one in the middle but not there) and a small patch of trim tape around the outer two posts which means after you remove the nuts, you still have to gently pry it off. I used Duplicolor Adhesion promoter and black metallic, then used some clear coat that I already had. Used metallic because when my truck was painted, the factory didn't purge the paint lines, so I wound up with a hint of red and gold pearl in my paint. Can only see it in the right lite. It was a real PITA for the body shop to match when they did the left doors after a guy smacked me.

I did remove the gold bowtie with its black frame.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for the good info. I was going to just leave the emblems on and tape them off really well, but I think I'll just remove them and paint them. I didn't get any of that adhesion promoter. I wonder if its necessary...