3" body lift????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loctite

Reaction score
if i put a 3" body lift on a stock 97 tahoe can i fit 285/75/16 (33's)...on the stock rims???

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can fit 285s stock or you might have to crank your torsion bars a little but mosly likely not. If you do a 3" bl you could go a little bigger 305s. I am running 285 on mine and have no rubbing issues but i cranked the torsion bars a little to level it out.

95 Tahoe

Reaction score
You can fit 285s stock or you might have to crank your torsion bars a little but mosly likely not. If you do a 3" bl you could go a little bigger 305s. I am running 285 on mine and have no rubbing issues but i cranked the torsion bars a little to level it out.

when you cranked your torsion bars did you see an effect in the ride, or did you get new front shocks. how much did you crank your bars up.

thanks, Nathan:D

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95Tahoe said:
when you cranked your torsion bars did you see an effect in the ride, or did you get new front shocks. how much did you crank your bars up.

thanks, Nathan:D
I only cranked them about 1 to 1.5 inches. I really did not notice that much difference in the ride and I did not get new shocks.

loctite said:
yes it's a 4 wheel drive (4 door)
You should not have any problems fitting 285 now.