Factory amp bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i just bypassed the amp, and it was quite easy. it took me about 15 minutes.
i clipped the wires, and capped the black and orange wires (power and ground). if you look at the plug you can see the wires come in pairs, these are the in and out if the speaker wires through the amp. the pairs are as follows:
light blue and blue
red and tan
brown and yellow
white and tan

now the fact that there are two tans can mess you up, but the tans are on separate sides of the amp, and if you pair the wire colors together, this wont be an issue.

then you strip the wires and connect them as follows:
Right rear:
red with light blue
tan with blue (this is the tan that pairs with the red wire)

Left rear:
white with brown
tan with yellow (this is the tan that pairs with the white wire)

now the amp is no longer used. ;)

teamownage2008

Reaction score
:/

I did this and my rear door speakers still aren't working, is there another step I take after the bypass to get my speakers to work? My vehicle is a 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS.

99chevytahoe

Reaction score

thanks man! so all we need to do is splice the rear door speakers into the rear speaker signal(assuming those are the ones all the way in the back) and then disconnect the amp beccause it only amplifies the rear doors.

if you have an aftermarket head unit then amplifying the speakers isnt totally necessary. but you can always run the signals into an aftermarket amp

does anyone know why the rear speakers all the way by the cargo doors sound fuzzy?

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory amp still works pretty well, I rewired all my doors and each now has direct wiring to the speakers and added tweeters from a 1kw amp, the rear panel speakers (4x10s) and the front door tweeters are run by the factory amp ;-)

Wi1dyownag3

Reaction score
Not to revive a dead topic, but what was the drop box link? I'm about to do this to my 97 tahoe and need to know how to make my rear speakers work (I bypassed the amp because it kept blowing my fuse.)