Few Question here........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokestack

Reaction score
Is the only way to retrive codes is with a scan tool?
I was kinda hoping it was like the older chevys and you could jump two connectors and it would read the codes.:thumbsup:

Other question is does anyone know how to test the wheelspeed sensors? Having the trouble with the abs kicking on for no reason and took the sensors out and cleaned them and regreased them. Everything looks fine but its still doing it. So i need to know what voltages they are supposed to be at when they are good....just cant seem to find that info anywhere.

Oh and i have no codes or anything..as in the check engine lights not on. Either is the abs light

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of the major autoparts stores, Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. will read the codes for free. Just stop at a store and ask them to check your codes. Even if the check engine light is not on, there may be pending codes that will show up with a check.

You didn't say what vehicle you have, so this is not model specific, but on the 2000 suburban for example, the sensor produces an AC current as the wheel spins. The brake system uses the AC frequency, not voltage, to measure wheel speed. High or low/missing voltage will set a code, but you need a scan tool to check for proper operation.

smokestack

Reaction score
thanks for the reply...its a 2000 tahoe. I was wanting to see if there was a way to check the sensor voltage to see if its good.. before i buy two that i dont need :thumbsup: